- ticket title
- ‘Check for updates’ button in Android now actually works
- Instagram adds face filters to live video
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8 now rule DxOMark’s rankings with best smartphone cameras ever tested
- Nest’s cheaper thermostat is better than the original
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 availability expands, arrives in Thailand and Malaysia
Samsung has had quite a week with the debut of the Galaxy S8 — now available for preorder — but if you’re not looking to spend $720 to $850 on a phone (or any product, for that matter) we’ve rounded up our five favorite deals of the week.
- As my colleague Nick Statt pointed out earlier this week, Amazon is giving Prime members $30 to $50 discounts on nearly its entire e-reader line. Until April 3rd, they’re offering $30 off Kindle, $30 off Paperwhite, $50 off Voyage (which almost never goes on sale), $30 off Kindle for Kids Bundle, $50 off Paperwhite Essential Bundle, and $75 off Voyage Essential Bundle. These discounts are better than Amazon’s Black Friday Kindle sales, which is why this is our top deal this week.
- B&H has a pretty awesome deal on GoPro’s Hero Session Bundle until April 5th. The Session itself usually costs $199, but for $179 you’ll get the camera, the handler and wi-fi remote 1.0 (usually $249, now $179).
- If last week’s Sennheiser deal wasn’t for you, we have another great headphone deal that’s exclusive to The Verge until April 5th. The Audeze SINE On-Ear Headphones (with Cipher 24-bit High-Resolution Lightning Cable) are $70 off (usually $449, now $379).
- And if you prefer wireless ones then the Samsung Gear IconX Wireless Earbuds for $40 off are a good option (usually $149.99, now $109.99 until April 5th with the coupon applied).
- If you’re in the market for a streaming player, Roku just dropped the price on its Premiere+ Streaming Media Player. It’s now $20 off on Roku’s site, Amazon, B&H, Walmart, and Best Buy (usually $99.99, now $79.99).
And although it’s not so much a deal, if you’ve been having trouble finding Nintendo’s other console, the 3DS, it’s back in stock at Gamestop, Best Buy, and Target. Its purple galaxy print is so on brand with The Verge that I might just have to buy one for myself!
Good Deals is a weekly roundup of the best deals on the internet, curated by Vox Media’s commerce editor, Chloe Reznikov, in collaboration with The Verge’s editorial team. You can submit deals to firstname.lastname@example.org and find more Good Deals here.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though Vox Media may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links. For more information, see our ethics policy.
You must log in to post a comment.