- ticket title
- Caviar releases the iPhone X with titanium and meteorite-coated body
- Panasonic unveils Eluga I4 mid-ranger
- Microsoft updating OneDrive with better web UI and sharing options
- Rocket Lab’s rocket is launching again soon — and this time it’ll carry satellites to space
- Huawei Mate 10 Plus and another model certified by CCC
SureFlap, the British company that makes smart pet gadgets is preparing to launch a smart pet door that can be controlled by an app on your phone, according to TechCrunch. The company currently has a couple of smart pet doors, but they only open for microchipped or RFID-collared pets.
The new Microchip Pet Door Connect will work via an app, allowing the owner to lock and unlock the door at the press of a button, schedule curfews, and track when pets come and go with notifications. You can also share access to the app with a pet sitter.
The £159.99 Microchip Pet Door Connect will go on sale this summer and ship with a new smart hub. (You can purchase the door and the hub separately for £119.99 and £49.99, respectively.) If you’re already a SureFlap user, the new app won’t work with your smart products, as there isn’t a comms module in the older products, but the company tells TechCrunch it will offer a way for current users to upgrade their devices.
You must log in to post a comment.