- ticket title
- Caviar releases the iPhone X with titanium and meteorite-coated body
- Panasonic unveils Eluga I4 mid-ranger
- Microsoft updating OneDrive with better web UI and sharing options
- Rocket Lab’s rocket is launching again soon — and this time it’ll carry satellites to space
- Huawei Mate 10 Plus and another model certified by CCC
Apple is developing its in-house graphics processing unit to replace its current provider, Imagination. The PowerVR supplier stated that the Cupertino-based company is working on an independent unit for better control over production.
Half of Imagination’s revenue comes from Apple, and losing the iPhone maker as a client will be catastrophic for the company. Depending on how production goes within 15 to 24 months the cash flow from Cupertino is expected to stop.
So we might see an A-series chipset with Apple-designed CPU and GPU as early as the 2018 iPhones. Imagination is…
You must log in to post a comment.