- ticket title
- ‘Check for updates’ button in Android now actually works
- Instagram adds face filters to live video
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8 now rule DxOMark’s rankings with best smartphone cameras ever tested
- Nest’s cheaper thermostat is better than the original
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 availability expands, arrives in Thailand and Malaysia
NBC just ordered six episodes of a new prime-time series about science and technology, Variety reports. The series, bluntly called The Awesome Show, will be hosted by Nerdist founder and Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.
“The opportunity to develop a primetime show that celebrates science and technology was too good to pass up,” Hardwick said in a statement to Variety. “It is very important to me to make something that positively promotes these topics in order to share humanity’s triumphs, to instill hope for our future, and to inspire the next generation of young thinkers.”
While details on what the show will actually be about are scarce, Variety reports that the series will “marvel at mankind’s tremendous feats,” and feature stories about new scientific and technological innovations.
It might sound unusual for a show like this to get a slot on prime time, but Hardwick has a history of drawing eyeballs for NBC. He currently hosts the game show The Wall, which is the network’s highest-rated unscripted launch of the year, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The Awesome Show doesn’t yet have a premiere date scheduled.
You must log in to post a comment.