- ticket title
- Caviar releases the iPhone X with titanium and meteorite-coated body
- Panasonic unveils Eluga I4 mid-ranger
- Microsoft updating OneDrive with better web UI and sharing options
- Rocket Lab’s rocket is launching again soon — and this time it’ll carry satellites to space
- Huawei Mate 10 Plus and another model certified by CCC
NBA Playgrounds is a new arcade basketball game from developer Saber Interactive that throws out the rulebook of ordinary basketball play in favor of tons of sweet, sweet dunks in the spiritual style of over-the-top basketball games of eras past like NBA Jam and NBA Street.
Playgrounds will offer a mixture of modern-day and former NBA stars; both local and online multiplayer; and, perhaps most importantly, “hundreds of over-the-top dunks and moves.” (Although there is no confirmation yet if the ball can burst into flames after incredible plays like in NBA Jam.)
It’s hard to tell how Playgrounds will actually play from this brief teaser, especially with the minimal amount of gameplay on display. But on the other hand, how many games let you have a DreamWorks-esque cartoon of Allen Iverson brutally smash Steph Curry into the ground while throwing down a slo-mo dunk from 30 feet in the air?
NBA Playgrounds will cost $19.99 when it releases in May on the Nintendo Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
You must log in to post a comment.