- ticket title
- Caviar releases the iPhone X with titanium and meteorite-coated body
- Panasonic unveils Eluga I4 mid-ranger
- Microsoft updating OneDrive with better web UI and sharing options
- Rocket Lab’s rocket is launching again soon — and this time it’ll carry satellites to space
- Huawei Mate 10 Plus and another model certified by CCC
Doreen Green is heading to TV. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Freeform has given a straight-to-series order to New Warriors, a the comics company’s first half-hour comedy starring none other than the Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
THR reports that the live-action New Warriors will revolve around six superpowered young people living and working together to save their little corner of the world. The New Warriors should sound familiar to Marvel devotees; the original team was created back in 1989 as a group of teenage heroes facing supervillains and real-world problems. Squirrel Girl, who’s a fierce fighter with the ability to talk to squirrels, currently enjoys her own solo series, and the book’s brand of zany comedy has made it a fan favorite and Eisner Award nominee.
New Warriors will debut in 2018 with a 10-episode first season. It’ll be the second Marvel series to debut on Freeform that year. Marvel is already working on a live-action Cloak and Dagger series for the network, and that effort has been called a superhero romance series. And with Avengers: Infinity War hitting theaters that summer, 2018 is clearly going to be huge for Marvel.
You must log in to post a comment.