- ticket title
- ‘Check for updates’ button in Android now actually works
- Instagram adds face filters to live video
- iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone 8 now rule DxOMark’s rankings with best smartphone cameras ever tested
- Nest’s cheaper thermostat is better than the original
- Samsung Galaxy Note8 availability expands, arrives in Thailand and Malaysia
The Sony Xperia XZ Premium soaked up quite a bit of spotlight at this year’s MWC. If nothing else, you got to hand it to Sony that the handset is quite bold with a 4K 5.46-inch display and impressive 960 fps slow motions video capture.
All the fan hype is definitely putting some pressure on the Japanese OEM for a speedy release. And it looks like it might be coming a bit sooner than initially anticipaced. According to Sony’s local branch in the Netherlands, the handset will go on pre-order on May 1. The first units should then hit shelves around the end of May or the beginning of June.
Over in the UK, pre-orders are already live and an asking price of GBP 640 has been set. June 1 is cited as a market release, so if the end-of-May delivery materializes it means we’re getting the beast a few days earlier.
For a more detailed look into the XZ Premium and what makes it tick, you can check our hands-on.
Thanks for the tip Mike
You must log in to post a comment.